Secure Your Innovations With A Medical Device Patent Attorney
Managing a successful health care venture involves more than just inventing cutting-edge solutions. It requires safeguarding those innovations through strategic legal measures.
At Law Office of Kattina V. Barsik, Esq., LLM, we understand how important it is to secure protection for your groundbreaking creations in a highly competitive environment. Our New Jersey-based attorney works with medical patent clients all around the nation from our Morristown office, and we are exclusively dedicated to intellectual property (IP) law.
Why Should You Hire An Attorney To Obtain A Medical Device Patent?
The patenting process for medical devices involves several key steps a skilled medical device patent attorney can take. No patent is a “Do-It-Yourself” project. You need an attorney who will:
- Conduct an in-depth search to ensure that your medical device idea is not already patented by someone else to avoid potential infringement issues
- Prepare a detailed patent application with a clear and concise description of your invention that will pass the rigorous rules used by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Usher your patent application through the review process, including responding to the USPTO when there are requests for additional information
- Represent you during the reviewing process of your application to determine whether your medical device meets the criteria for patentability
- Respond to office actions by amending your application or providing additional information to address any issue raised by the examiner
- Make certain all application and maintenance fees are paid to secure the patent and preserve your IP rights
A medical patent attorney can also help you better understand your IP rights and defend your interests against misuse or infringement.